Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, August 10, 2026

Mini-s

 I think I may be a little obsessed with the pyramid pin cushions. My mom visited us at the beginning of July for a week. Before I went to get her, I whipped up one for her that I thought turned out quite cute.



Her favorite color is red and this pattern combo is just whimsical enough to fit her personality. 



Of course, my invisible stitches are still not that invisible -- one reason I hate hand sewing -- but my mama doesn't care. :)


Then, Chick mentioned that she might make one for herself. She thought the design was better too, I think.


I happened to have a Beauty and the Beast fat quarter piece from making her a tissue holder so, when I was bored one day, I made one up.




My goal was to put a picture on each side. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough pieces spaced well to do so. 


Therefore, three sides have different scenes from the fabric and the fourth is a tilted castle (kind of like the Ripley's Believe It or Not we went to in Florida). 


That's okay though. It turned out well.


I thought I might have made all of these I could for now. Then, recently, I was going through my small scraps fabric bin and realized it was getting too full.


It occurred to me that there was a mini version of the pyramid pin cushion with the pattern. So I took a look and decided I had plenty of time to make some minis for my sewing group.



I don't know if they'll get them or not. You could tell I was getting tired of stuffing them because some of them are a little ... lean - y. And, of course, my invisible stitching has a problem being invisible.  


Maybe I've gotten these out of my system now.


No comments: