Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Update

I thought you might like an update on the whole home school thing. The Chick absolutely loves it! We've been starting our day with Bible and she does that while I take the Dude to school. Then she gets going on her online school. And she finishes the day with some extra Literature and vocabulary that I give her and with Geography that I do. We've been hitting the Navy gym for her P.E. a couple or more times a week. She also has an Art class every Wednesday with a lady from our support group.

Right now, in her extra Literature classes, she's finishing up Frankenstein by Mary Shelley because we plan to join some of the support group families to see the play next month. I'm really looking forward to that.

She's already hinting at home schooling for next year. She wants to take Forensic Science online and continue with French. If she tests at her level or above, I certainly don't think I'll have a problem with it.

We've been getting closer with the extra time together at a point in most teenager's lives where Dad has to play referee between the teen and the mom (at least according to Dr. Dobson) and I'm finding more about her personality and who she is becoming. That is quite possibly the best benefit to home school of all.

So that's how it's going.

No comments: