Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Who's Driving Who

I think I may have to get rid of my car/suv thing. We got it about 2 years ago. Up until that point, I had never gotten a ticket or even put a claim on our insurance.

Last February, I was on my way to Ladies Retreat and got my first speeding ticket.

At the age of 36 and a half.

With two women from church riding with me.

Uh huh.

The summer before that, while visiting in Arkansas, we were on our way to Hubby's parents, when a piece of plywood flew off of a truck and slammed our windshield then glanced over the top of the car. The oblivious driver of the truck went on his merry way unconcerned by our stress. Thankfully, nothing was scratched or broken but it was pretty scary.

A few months ago, a crack began in our windshield and slowly stretched across the thing before I got to take it in for a repair. I was literally afraid a chunk might fall out while I was driving. That's how bad.

And now, last Monday morning, I went out and turned on the defrost noticing nothing unusual. As I pulled away from the school, however, I noticed a lovely crack running pretty much the length of the bottom of my windshield. Ugh! No clue how it happened. It was just there.

I am not a superstitious person but this is getting to be a bit much. It is the first Kia we have ever owned and quite frankly may be the last.

I really like this vehicle. So much, that I was hoping Hubby would keep it to drive, and trade his in on the van we will have to have (if not for Danielle's arrival then just for traveling period). Now, I'm wondering if God is trying to tell me something.

Or maybe Kia. Maybe I'm not Kia material.

I'll let you know if the Spork makes it.

No comments: