Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Miscellany

I got up this morning and took a gander at the ole' thermostat. It said "Outside: 24." I'm not sure it's legal to be that cold in South Carolina Lowcountry. I have the distinct feeling that if my windshield had not already been cracked, it would have cracked this morning from all the frost on it being quickly heated by my defroster.

On the other hand, I see that we may have some matches on their way. I really hope this next one is well into March 2006. Hubby and I are convinced that Danielle will join us this year. But they have to at least try to get a month of matches per month.

I also just found out from a friend that Hershey's isn't making all their chocolate into milk chocolate anymore. Has anyone else heard this? Supposedly they are substituting vegetable oil and using less cocoa to cut costs. That's why some of the bars (like Mr. Goodbar, etc.) now say only chocolate and not milk chocolate like the plain Hershey bar. Apparently several people have noticed the difference and complained. I am curious to know if this is true. But I don't have any old Goodbar wrappers to compare. Wrappers on chocolate tend to become shrapnel here. I know what I'm after and I don't let any old wrapper get in the way.

I'm not sure but I think messing with chocolate isn't legal either. Even if it is legal, it's still just wrong.

No comments: