Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, March 6, 2009

And the Cleaning Continues

Well, the spring cleaning has resumed after a much needed break for Ladies Retreat. And then, of course, recovering from Ladies Retreat.

I am still in the kitchen. I have one small lower cabinet left to wash out and its drawer. Then I'll be yanking out everything in the fridge (and the fridge itself) to wash it inside and out, front and back. I won't forget what's behind it either.

May I recommend never getting a microwave installed over the stove? Even if you don't outright fry things, and it's rare for our family, the steam and moisture from the heat collects and then grabs every stray piece of ick that comes along. Before you know it, the vent looks horrible and everything that shows at all looks greasy and grimy, even if it isn't.

People, Soft Scrub is my new best friend! I had never used it before but that stuff is great. I used Comet growing up but it's hard to direct a powder onto stuff that defies gravity. I've tried cleaning that microwave before and just gotten frustrated but it came through. In fact, my son asked Hubby yesterday when he came home if we had gotten a new microwave. There was that much difference.

I also started on the stove/oven which is a big one. That took some steel wool but it's beautiful now. I found some burner covers in my overhead cabinet but I think it looks good enough that I won't use them for now.

So onward bound I am. I hope to actually start on a new room next week.

No comments: