Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Administrative Professionals Day!

I recognize the reason that we use the term Administrative Professional now is to call attention to the skill, organization and hard work that is required in such a position. But to me, growing up with a mother who was (and still is) a secretary AND having been one on varied occasions for a couple of my congregations, there is no term that suggests to me more that skill, organization, and hard work as the word "secretary."

On the occasional summer break, my mom would bring me to the office to help with a project she had going. I never really figured out if she actually needed my help or if that was her way to get some girl time together. But I did get to see her in action on those days. And later filling in at one congregation and both filling in and becoming the secretary at another, I found out firsthand how much work it is.

So when someone called me an Administrative Professional, I took it for the compliment it was meant to be. And when someone told me I was a good Secretary, I knew they appreciated me too.

Whichever you have in your office (or choose to be), I hope you enjoy this day that's meant just for you.

No comments: