Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pokemon and Floor Tile

Have your children ever watched the Saturday morning Pokemon cartoons? I know that every Christian is supposed to consider Pokemon the epitome of evil. I never really got that -- let's ban Pokemon but Harry Potter is okay? Evolving domestic pets is evil but not witches. Whatever.

The cartoon was a lot nicer than the card game, I guess, because I tend to be hyper-sensitive about such things and I monitored as they watched. Anyway, off my soap box.

If you ever watched it, you know that after a lot of battles and hard work, the creature would evolve into a new bigger, better model. Well, that's kind of what's happened with spring cleaning in these parts. It is no longer spring cleaning as of Saturday. Now, it's spring remodeling.

It hit like a fever on Saturday. First we ripped out bushes in the front that we had been wanting to take down. Honestly, I cannot tell you how happy I am every time I pull into the driveway and see no weird shaped, ugly bushes blocking my porch.

The one downside is that the dogs can now see everything outside. So our neighbors who were previously hidden are now in view. And so are their cats. We were ready to throw the dogs in a dark closet by Sunday's end. They were constantly letting us know about something or someone outside. I told myself to just give it a few days so they can get used to the new view and they'll calm down. That seems to be the case. Less freakouts yesterday. And even fewer today so far.

Ripping out bushes apparently wasn't enough. We went to Lowe's and bought flooring for our bathroom (which may or may not go down tonight). And then we yanked down the cheesy 80's wallpaper that was already trying to come down on its own. Sunday night, I painted it and I'll do some touch up today.

The nice thing about painting right before you put in a new floor is that you don't have to worry about getting paint on the old floor. Woo hoo!Didn't stop me from getting paint all over me.

And in typical blonde fashion, I immediately dropped a screwdriver into the bucket of paint as I began. But I have to say, I love, love, love the new color of the walls. SO much better.

Can't wait to see it all put together. Maybe I'll show you a picture.

If you're lucky. Maybe.

1 comment:

Ann Miller said...

Hi! I don't know if you'll see my comment since it's on an old post, but I'm catching up on blogs. It's nice to know someone has the sense to paint before putting down the new floor. I love HGTV shows, but so many of them put in the new cabinets and the new floors or carpets before painting! It makes no sense to me. Can you post a picture of your bathroom? Ann M