Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

I don't know if you like using the cloth grocery bags but I do. And there a lot of free ones available right now.

I learned to use these in California at Save-A-Lot grocers. They didn't provide bags so you had to bring your own or snag a box. I started carrying my own although they weren't as easy as the popular ones now with the box type bottom. I decided I loved using them because they hold so much and are much more comfortable to carry.

And, honestly, I have yet to have one break and dump my eggs or salad dressing on the concrete driveway or porch. Even coupons won't make up for the waste in that.

I noticed (and have already used) the Walgreens coupon here that will give you a free bag with any purchase. Food Lion has a free bag deal going as well as World Market. I'm getting a free one from Earthbound too for filling out a pledge on their site. There are a few others that I can't remember right now. MoneySaving mom has some on her site as well.

I think you'll like them as much as I do. And it does save the 4 or so plastic bags that would otherwise end up in a landfill.

No comments: