Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 2

Day 2 began with a call to the kennel. We noticed they had called before we went to bed Monday night. Apparently, they had some trouble with Nipper. She wanted to remove someone's fingers.

When they tried to get her into the back, she growled and showed her teeth. We dropped them off about 10:30 and they had called at 11:51 to ask if there were something I might know to get her to cooperate. I said before I think that I really like this kennel. Any other would have thrown a leash or something around her and dragged her back but they tried not to traumatize her any worse.

I think she was being insistent about remaining where she could see the door. She probably figured we were going to come back in at any time. When they finally took Rocky to the back, I think she gave up and went too. They had kept him up front hoping to help her calm down.

When we picked them up on Thursday, we found out that she wasn't quite done though. Nobody was removing her from her "suite" unless she chose to go. The owners just decided to open her door and let her come out when she was ready. At that point, she was willing to go for her walk. But until then, anyone who put their hand near was risking injury.

My sweet gentle dog was a pit bull without her people. Poor girl.

After the call was done, the kids and I decided to go to our neighboring business there for our activity that day.

Apparently they have issues in Orlando with building things at a 90 degree angle to the street.

It actually said that the building was supposed to look like it had sunk into a sinkhole at some point.

This was one of my favorite photo ops. It was near the end of the tour though. Chick was getting sick of seeing the camera, I think. Even Dude looks a little long suffering in this one.

This room also had a sort of history of potty's hanging on the wall in a lovely pattern. And a humongo chair to take pictures in as well as some miniature displays -- one of which was a painting on a piece of rice that required a microscope to see. It was pretty cool.

They had lots of other cool stuff too.

a T-rex skull

next to a piece of the Berlin Wall

I even participated in a photo op myself.

We also had to hit a few stores, including an outlet mall and a Books-a-Million. We ended the day with a mixer for Hubby and I, then of course, some more swimming.

I told Dude he might have a little James Bond in him. That's what this picture makes me think of.

No comments: