Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, October 16, 2009

One Year

Tomorrow, it will have been one year since my Dad passed away from this earth.

One year since he got to meet the man he'd loved for most of his life. Jesus.

It's been a rough year for us and we still miss him so, so much. But I know where he's waiting for me and I'm going to hold on to that.

I'm not sure what we'll do here in South Carolina to honor this anniversary. We're too far from his grave to decorate it.

Hubby and the Chick will be on a Father Daughter canoe trip with the youth group. I think that's a good thing. My Dad loved to be on the water-- fishing or even just riding on the boat.

Perhaps the Dude and I will go to Battery Park. When my parents visited, we almost always went there or to the beach. If we go, we'll be sure to take peanuts to feed the squirrels and birds just like he loved to do.

Whatever we do, we'll be thinking about him and the life he lived. Missing him. And appreciating everything he contributed to our own lives.

1 comment:

Nancy Tucker said...

I know how you feel. I lost my Dad the night before I had a premature birth with Lindsey. That was tough. He was a very kind and gentle man. Enjoy your memories of your Dad.