Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, March 19, 2010

Cake! Update

Well, I am not good with stripes... at least if you want them straight. But I think it turned out pretty well especially since I used buttercream instead of fondant (which I don't like the taste of usually and don't like to work with either).

I couldn't find letters anywhere. So I ended up making my own from card stock and gluing them to pieces of clear plastic.

And well, I didn't spell out Bella. I decided to go for the 'event' instead.
Everyone was pretty pleased with it and that's all the mattered to me.

Oh, what kind was it? Why -- bright red Red Velvet Cake of course. After all, they are vampires you know.

Hee hee.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Shelia, You amaze me with your hidden talent. You did a great job. My daughter Angela, took cake decorating class at Michaels in Columbia and the lady saw potential in her and asked if she would be interested in teach classes and so she is doing so and loves it. She has always loved doing things like that and loves to bake. She is natural and has made some special cookies for events for family and businesses. I love learning these things about you. It is such a surprise.

Born Blonde said...

Thanks Donna. She really must have some talent if the teacher asked her to become a teacher.