Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

High Praise

I received a nice compliment last night. When I went to work last night, the manager (who was leaving), the assistant manager (who I would be working with) and I were all chatting as we switched over. The manager informed me that the only time our assistant manager joked and laughed so much was when he worked with me.

I didn't really think much about it except that I knew he felt pretty comfortable around me. I am about 13 years older than he is. I've tried really hard not to be judgmental toward him and he doesn't generally have to tell me what needs to be done or micromanage. So I think it is just easier for him to relax and do his job.

But as we were closing up, he told me that he thought he knew why he joked and laughed so much on our shifts. He said I was so positive to be around. And then he told me that I just had the "joy of the Lord" written all over me.

All I could think was "WOW." What a compliment! I really hope that's true. I certainly want to have the 'joy of the Lord' written all over me. I want other people to see it and want that too. I have prayed for that very thing yet I am still astounded by his compliment -- even this morning.

It is a beautiful thing to have Christ speak to you in such a way, encourage you out of the blue like that. That's why He's my Lord! And that's why I have joy!

I hope you have a day filled with blessings today too.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow! What an amazing compliment! And so true!