Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Full Freezer is a Blessing

In addition to errands, this is what I did Monday. 14 mini loaves of banana nut bread and a dozen chocolate chip muffins. On Tuesday, I added a dozen lemon poppyseed muffins and a couple of mini loaves of the same.

I always feel like I've accomplished something that day in my few hours of free time when I can look in the freezer and see home baked goodies waiting to be enjoyed. Of course, the muffins never seem to make it in there to begin with.

I don't think I'll ever quite be up to this degree but knowing I can pull a decent snack out of there at a moment's notice and not having to worry about preservatives or the latest salmonella outbreak is quite comforting. And it doesn't hurt to know that your freezer uses less energy when it is full either.

No comments: