Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy April Fool's Day

I was thinking that I should write some statement that was completely outlandish and then skip down and say April Fool's but that kind of prank almost never works for me. Instead I get people asking me about it a couple months later and what's going on with that. So I decided I would just wish you a happy -- and hopefully, prank free -- April Fool's Day.

April Fool's is not really my kind of holiday. I remember an older woman when my daughter was a toddler (who was probably about the same age I am now) who always played a prank on her family for April Fool's. The year before we left Georgia she had used invisible stitches to sew together the openings on her husband's and son's boxers so that when they visited the restroom, there would be a surprise.

I've also seen articles by people who made dinner one big prank -- meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato frosting and water glasses with jello, for example. Tonight is the Chick's dinner and she's not planning anything like that though.

I suppose we're just not into it enough. So instead of telling you something wild and crazy, I'll just say Have a Happy April Fool's Day and try not to get pranked too bad.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Jesse can't stand April Fools. Tomorrow is his birthday so growing up he would always remind his friends, "Hey, my birthday is tomorrow!" and of course, everybody thought he was joking. Everybody ignored his birthday and thought that he came up with lame April fool's jokes.