Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, August 20, 2010

Waste Not, Want Not

I have been doing my own little version of a Eat from the Pantry Challenge this week and it looks like we'll need to continue next week. I didn't realize quite how much I had bulk bought and stuffed into the freezer.

That's not generally a problem but a lot of it is little bits of this or that which drives me crazy. I am one of those people who wants to yank out my hair if we have more than one bottle of shampoo open in the shower. It seriously bugs me until one is finished. I don't open another until the one we're using is finished.

So it was time.

This last week, we've been eating a lot of chicken. A lot of chicken. Like a whole lot of chicken. We also have a lot of hot dogs (but that makes sense because summer is ending and those are on sale for ridiculous prices every time a grill holiday comes up).

I also made several home made dishes that its been a while on. And that made me happy. My garage freezer is looking pretty empty at this point except for frozen bowls of cheese dip and some bread.

What's funny is that I thought one week would do it. I didn't realize I was prepared to live through the Apocalypse here. So I've learned that I need to watch it on that. It won't do me much good to have it if I can't find it when I want to use it.

But I also haven't been making trips to the store -- which I like. A lot. And God decided to help me out, I guess, because I have yet to get this week's sale circulars and I generally have those in hand on Wednesdays. I could look them up online like I used to do but that's an easier to avoid temptation.

So I guess that's what I'll be doing this week. And by the way, the menus are helping a lot in this effort. I highly recommend them.

No comments: