Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What's New

Well, a lot has been happening with the adoption but nothing as exciting to other people as it is to us -- mostly paperwork.

I sent off our care package to Emily. I'm hoping she'll get it next week sometime.

We received our LOA (Letter of Acceptance) on Friday and it winged its way to us yesterday. That's the document generated by the CCAA (China Center of Adoption Affairs) that we sign saying we do or don't accept the child. We signed it and the official Letters of Intent, one in English and one in Chinese. Fedex was amazingly able to pick it back up on the same day they delivered it and so our agency should be receiving it today. Then it will wing its way back to China.

The LOA is a big deal. It's a huge step. It's just not something that generates much excitement among friends and family unless they already know its a big deal. I mean, when they ask if there's anything new and I say I signed another piece of paper, I can understand why there aren't cartwheels forthcoming. :)

In the midst of this, I am trying to get to a point where I can get our house ready to sell. So we are busy bees around here.

1 comment:

Nancy T. said...

Can ya'll adopt Emily and just stay here?????? :)