Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just One Gets It Done

Remember when I told you about the neat trick for keeping the linens together that I found in a magazine? Well, I've been learning a thing or two in my new house too. Still loving the pillowcase of matching linens though.

I've always heard that it is best and fastest, particularly in a two-story, to put cleaning supplies on each story and/or each bathroom so that you aren't lugging them with you all over.

I really don't like having a toilet brush sitting there in each bathroom though. And since I left pretty much all of my cleaning products in South Carolina, that would have meant I would have to buy 3 of every product just for the bathrooms and then find a place to store them out of the way in each one.

I wasn't liking that too much. It seemed like a pain and could get expensive real quick too. And, well, honestly... I didn't do that great a job cleaning them when I did it in the other house.

What you see below, however, is my bathroom bucket. Ta Da!


Really, all I need for each bathroom is window cleaner for the mirror, toilet cleaner for the toilet, and some antibacterial spray for the surfaces. There was still room for the one toilet brush (in its own carrier that I dump out in the last bathroom) that I purchased to begin with. I use a couple of rags (one for window cleaner and one for antibac) that I keep separate by setting the designated cleaner on top of it as it is hanging from the side of the bucket.

I don't empty it the bucket either. I simply set it under my kitchen sink like it is. Once a week, I reach under there, grab the handle and go to work. It's light enough that 'lugging' it isn't a problem and everything stays nicely contained.

Seems to work much better for me. And my bathrooms are actually getting cleaned regularly. So that's my big tip.

You're welcome.

No comments: