Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Neat Linens

On Saturday, I got the urge to de-clutter our linen closet. The after picture is below and as you can see it badly needed it. I ended up with a lot of space in there -- about one whole shelf's worth.

But I wanted to tell you about a great tip I read in a magazine. I think it was in a Woman's Day magazine but I can't remember now.

See the thick pillow like forms on the right of the 2nd and 3rd shelf. Those are sheet sets. The writer of the article I read suggested putting the set inside of one of its pillowcases. Then when you need to make a bed with fresh linens, you can just grab the pillowcase that holds it all and go. In other words, each of those is a pillowcase that holds the matching fitted sheet, flat sheet, and pillowcase. In one case, it also has the two shams inside.

And look at how neat and clean it looks. I am all over that tip.

One warning: de-cluttering is contagious. I've been walking around looking for more stuff to de-clutter since that made me feel so good.

4 comments:

Ann said...

i LOVE the pillowcase trick, i do that too!!

we declutter in our sleep, so i understand.

Mary J said...

that's smart! I am always looking for the second pillowcase that has dropped down a shelf by curious means.

Born Blonde said...

I just really like the idea that it's all there in one bundle. Just grab it and go

... without searching through the pillowcase pile and endless pile of sheets. :)

Jenn said...

Love this idea! Wish I had already done it