Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday's Menu

We made Teriyaki Chicken the other night using a new recipe. It turned out rather well so I thought I'd share the recipe. It's a very simple, basic marinade that you could use on other meats as well, I would imagine. The original recipe is here.

I would suggest using low sodium soy sauce. None of the rest of my family thought it was salty but I tend to be sensitive to such things because I don't really use much salt as a general rule (there are several brands of chips and such that I don't buy because they seem too salty to me).

Other than that, I would only suggest putting it in the marinade in the morning and letting it soak up flavor all day before cooking later in the oven or on the grill. Or you could marinade it overnight and then crock pot it during the day.

Teriyaki Chicken

Approx. 3 lbs. chicken, either pieces or boneless skinless breasts
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tablespoon ginger
1 Tablespoon minced garlic

Rinse and pat dry chicken. Place in a baking dish with a lid or zipper bag or bowl with lid. Mix together remaining ingredients, whisking well. Pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour, basting frequently.

No comments: