Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday's Menu

Since adding a toddler to our household, my morning time on Sunday seems to be greatly diminished. However, I would like to have something quick to eat after worship without having to stop at a restaurant or fast food place every week. Not only does that start to add up, but it also not terribly healthy.

So, I decided that I would start looking for some crock pot recipes to try. Most of what I make in the crock pot is a soup of some kind or a roast of some kind. I usually don't do much else in there.

This Sunday we tried this recipe for chicken (I imagine you could use some other kind of meat as well). We walked in from the garage and the smell hit us. Emily looked at me and said, "Eat?" Some instant rice and veggies steamed in the microwave later, we sat down to enjoy.

The chicken was reallllllly tender and good. We spooned the liquid in the bottom over our rice and it was very good too. I think it would work well with noodles as well. We happened to have Marsala cooking wine from another recipe but I don't think you'd have to use it if you don't have it on hand. Also, the meat can either be thawed or frozen but its easier for me to just throw it in straight from the freezer.


Easy Crock Chicken

Approx. 2 - 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast or tenders (I had some of the individually quick frozen kind and used those) or more or less depending on what you need

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 envelope of onion soup mix
dash of Marsala wine

optional additions:
Minced garlic
Chopped onions
Sliced/chopped mushrooms

Combine all in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Serve over rice or noodles.

No comments: