Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sewing, Sewing, Gone

I had grand visions of sewing several gifts for Christmas this year. I feel like I've gotten to a point that I can do a good job of putting together a gift -- choosing a color and pattern that works for a specific person. And I started off with a bang.

One of the first things I made were the stockings for my brother and sister-in-law that I showed you here.

Then I made a casserole carrier that turned out rather well, I thought, for my mother-in-law. Especially considering that I had only instructions - no pattern - compiled from several sites and had to do a lot of measuring and figuring to put together a paper pattern that I could use.

***Just as an aside, these are such handy things that it looks like there would be a clear pattern somewhere online. Maybe I'll figure out how to scan it and put it on the blog.

Of course, I didn't get a picture of it but she seemed happy with it. Hopefully, it will be of some use to her when she heads to her family reunion with a backseat full of food.

After that, I made some matching (or maybe I should say coordinating) aprons for my mother and her husband which I also did not get a picture of. They work together with a group at church and often serve food or help with it.

I thought they turned out rather well. I used my much loved t-shirt transfer paper to put a picture of geese on each one. On my mother's I put "What's good for the goose..." and on John's I put "is good for the gander." So I imagine a lot of the young at heart that they serve will enjoy it if they don't.

From that point on though, my motivation fizzled out along with the time I thought I had to do it in. I guess three gifts is better than none though. Maybe next year, I'll manage four.

No comments: