Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sewing, Sewing, Gone

I had grand visions of sewing several gifts for Christmas this year. I feel like I've gotten to a point that I can do a good job of putting together a gift -- choosing a color and pattern that works for a specific person. And I started off with a bang.

One of the first things I made were the stockings for my brother and sister-in-law that I showed you here.

Then I made a casserole carrier that turned out rather well, I thought, for my mother-in-law. Especially considering that I had only instructions - no pattern - compiled from several sites and had to do a lot of measuring and figuring to put together a paper pattern that I could use.

***Just as an aside, these are such handy things that it looks like there would be a clear pattern somewhere online. Maybe I'll figure out how to scan it and put it on the blog.

Of course, I didn't get a picture of it but she seemed happy with it. Hopefully, it will be of some use to her when she heads to her family reunion with a backseat full of food.

After that, I made some matching (or maybe I should say coordinating) aprons for my mother and her husband which I also did not get a picture of. They work together with a group at church and often serve food or help with it.

I thought they turned out rather well. I used my much loved t-shirt transfer paper to put a picture of geese on each one. On my mother's I put "What's good for the goose..." and on John's I put "is good for the gander." So I imagine a lot of the young at heart that they serve will enjoy it if they don't.

From that point on though, my motivation fizzled out along with the time I thought I had to do it in. I guess three gifts is better than none though. Maybe next year, I'll manage four.

No comments: