Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, August 16, 2012

One Last Hurrah Before School Begins


I mentioned last week that we made a trip to Arkansas to visit my mom while Hubby was on a business trip.

Mom asked me to just drive straight to the lakehouse (a slightly shorter drive) on the way there. We ran down to the boat that evening just to check things out.

The next morning we headed out and got in the water. Ever since Rugrat found out we were going to the lakehouse, she had been asking me to go swimming. So, of course, we hit the water pretty quickly.



Even Rocky wanted in, although he stayed with Dude ...






I can't understand why no one has come up with a life vest that doesn't attempt to cut off your air intake when you get in the water. It doesn't matter what kind or size I put on, it always attempts to jump up and off of my head. Someone get on that already.


Chick got an opportunity to drive the boat for the first time, which tickled her.


 





After heading back to town, we got to visit a little more.

One of the friends we got to see was my best friend, Amanda and her husband. She's had a special connection to my children from the day Chick was born. So seeing them is always a treat.


I'm glad we had the chance to go. It was a nice end to the summer and a good opportunity to get revved up for the school year.



No comments: