Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Yummies

I've been intrigued by the whole flatbread craze some lately. I finally decided to give it a try myself.

Unfortunately, many of the recipes I found used a purchased flatbread to begin. I didn't want to buy a flatbread. I wanted to make one. So, I kept looking.

And I came across this guy's recipe. I've watched him on Food Network before we got rid of our cable. While I'm not always crazy about his attitude or methods, I usually liked the look of his food.

So I decided to try using his flatbread with my own toppings (which I copied off the online menu of one Chili's flatbread dishes).


Grilled Chicken Flatbread

2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
1 Tablepoon fresh thyme, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 to 1/2 cup water

marinara sauce
1 roma tomato, chopped
6 to 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
1 or 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
8 oz. shredded monterey jack cheese
 

  Mix together flour, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. (He suggests using a stand mixer, however, you could probably mix it by hand.) Blend in water sparingly until it forms a moist but not sticky dough. Wrap dough in plastic and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.

  Grill chicken breasts until done. Slice into pieces and set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

  Separate dough into 2 pieces. Roll out one piece to 1/8 inch thickness. Lay flat on baking stone or baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes.

  Spread a thin layer of sauce on crust. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella over the sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the chicken pieces, bacon, and tomato. Cover with half of the monterey jack cheese. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted.

  Top with either more fresh chopped tomatoes or pico de gallo.

  Repeat for second piece of dough. Enjoy!


No comments: