Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Canning Weekend

Want to see something that makes me happy?



See. I was a busy little girl this past weekend. I canned more beans, some peaches that Hubby's coworker brought him (in juice not syrup -- I love doing that) and some apples (a combination of the ones we managed to grow on our tree and one or two others I had).

While it doesn't look like a whole lot, I did it in between going to the community yard sale and baking a batch of brown sugar cupcakes with salted caramel frosting (don't worry -- I plan to share).

Every time I look into our pantry and see those jars lined up on the shelf, it makes me smile. I love having organic food that was inexpensive or free ready to eat (and whose exact ingredients I know). I love feeling prepared to make a meal or snack without killing myself.

I love knowing that I have learned the skills necessary to be able to do that.

So, even though I recognize how silly it probably is, all those home canned jars sitting in my pantry make me happy. Did you know that happiness comes in a jar? :)

No comments: