Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

What Have I Been Up To

 I kind of disappeared there for a while. It seems like there is always a point in the fall when life goes into overdrive. And I can't keep up. 


It used to be in October but I think in past years it has moved up to September.


So here's what we've been up to.


I did finally give my prayer quilt to our sewing ministry leader with the caveat that she give it back if it wasn't okay to use and I would make another.


We celebrated a birthday.


Started up that last year of homeschool.


And she's still working at her job. The beauty of homeschool is that she can continue to work and we just do schoolwork around her hours. 

I grew a few more of these.



They were beautiful and sweet and delicious!

And, of course, that meant watermelon jelly.


Took a quick trip to see these people (and deliver some jelly too).


And got to see a rainbow.


Made a pieced table runner for fall (because everybody here is waiting for cooler temperatures -- we broke all kinds of records this summer with our 107 and 109 temperatures).


I'm actually pretty proud of this. It's the first time I've had so many pieces to put together and it turned our pretty well, I think.

Then, we finished up with a trip to the state fair this past week.


They're celebrating the anniversary of Route 66 so a lot of displays had to do with that...

plus the whole 250th of America.


 Hubby gave me one good one then played a monkey.



And you know what happens when you monkey around too much.


Lots of fun but, as with any busy season of life, it's nice to slow back down and enjoy the simple rhythms of your days too.

And that's where we have come back to. 

No comments: