Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Ornamental Ramblings

For all of the 16 years that we have been married, except for the second year, I have cross stitched an ornament for that year to go on the tree. One of my favorites was this one:

I guess you can tell a little about what was on my mind or how I was feeling that Christmas from each ornament. Well, this year, I find myself getting excited again about the adoption as I see our LID get closer to review. They have now finished September 2006 and we are November 2006. I occasionally try to reign it in a little but I can't help myself. Just to know that we have been approved will be a major step for me. So our ornament this year reflects that a little. I tried to copy some Chinese characters. This is what they were supposed to look like:





And here's the ornament:




I finally just backstitched them because unfortunately a needle and thread cannot begin to imitate the artistic brush strokes that make up their letters and words.

No comments: