Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Real Curse

Hubby recently told me about a conversation with the Dude he had on the way to Cub Scouts. They were discussing Iron Man which we went to see in the theater on opening weekend. A comment that my son made gave my husband pause however. He said that he couldn't understand why Pepper Potts had to curse so much. My husband looked confused and asked what he meant. Dude replied that she kept saying, "Oh my {dramatic pause}."

When I heard this, I wanted to dance with joy. I think its wonderful that he considers saying God's name in vain as cursing. In fact, I would almost rather he say the 'd' word, the 's' word, or even the 'f' word than to use the name of our Lord and Creator in such a callous way. I told Hubby that it was encouraging to know that something was getting through. I wish more of the world saw that for what it was. I think this is one of those things that Satan has used to make God less awesome and holy in our eyes. The same way the word "love" doesn't mean real and true love anymore. Overuse has made it weak and ineffective. How much more so with God's holy and precious name!

My son, at the tender age of 10, knows that an Almighty God deserves his respect. What parent wouldn't rejoice!

No comments: