Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Stocking Mishaps and Links

A friend of mine was relating on Sunday evening her own Christmas 'tale of horror.' She had apparently used a lid that didn't fit when storing away her Christmas decorations last year. When she pulled them down this year, she found that a rodent-type animal of some sort had made bedding of all but one of her special stockings.

She mentioned that she wanted to replace them but they were rather expensive. She also said she would like to find some that could grow with them and become special treasures when they were older. I'm not sure what she'll do to deal with the problem but...

That got me to thinking about our stockings. I truly would be devastated if something happened to them. I've mentioned before that ours were cross stitched (top to toe) by my own little hands. They are the kind that you start working on in July. In fact, the cross stitch magazines all print those kinds of patterns in their July issues. In both my children's cases, it took longer than that 6 months to finish them. Hubby's stocking was a simpler pattern and I probably could have gotten mine (which matches it) done faster than I have too. I am just finishing it now and I'll show you a picture when it's done.

But while they weren't expensive, they are pretty priceless to me. Still just things, mind you, but I would hate to lose them.

However, all that was to say, that it made me wonder if there are any good patterns for such things available online (which is translated free in my dictionary). Homemade is always more special to me. And, guess what! It seems there might just be.

Like this stocking pattern that you can sew. And the same site even tells you how to make this nifty tree shaped stocking holder. I may have to try that.

If you like to cross stitch, this site has patterns for ornaments, gift tags, and other neat stuff. And here's another one. I bookmarked both of these. If you're an angel lover in cross stitch, here's one that even lets you choose the file format.

I'm not a knitter or a crocheter, but this site has a list of some places to look for those.

I think About.com always has something no matter what you're looking for. This is a stocking sewing tutorial.

And here are a whole lot of other ideas.

No comments: