Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday's Menu

One of my coworkers and I were talking about what we liked best on the Thanksgiving table and he mentioned that his favorite was Corn Pudding. I'm always looking for new side dish recipes. I had never tried Corn Pudding before so I thought I might give it a go.

It turns out very much like a souffle texture. It's pretty good although I think the warmed up leftovers are actually better. My kids weren't crazy about it but I think they were expecting chocolate pudding with corn in it (which kind of already turned them off to it).

So if you'd like to give it a try, check out the recipe and let me know what you think.

Corn Pudding

1 can creamed corn
1 can whole kernel corn
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 pint half-n-half
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 Tablespoon flour
1 Tablespoon cornmeal
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/8 cup butter or margarine, melted
salt and pepper to taste

Combine creamed corn, whole kernel corn, eggs, half-n-half, cream, flour, cornmeal, sugar, butter/margarine, and salt and pepper in a greased casserole dish. Bake at 325 degrees for one hour or until set.

No comments: