Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday's Menu

One of my coworkers and I were talking about what we liked best on the Thanksgiving table and he mentioned that his favorite was Corn Pudding. I'm always looking for new side dish recipes. I had never tried Corn Pudding before so I thought I might give it a go.

It turns out very much like a souffle texture. It's pretty good although I think the warmed up leftovers are actually better. My kids weren't crazy about it but I think they were expecting chocolate pudding with corn in it (which kind of already turned them off to it).

So if you'd like to give it a try, check out the recipe and let me know what you think.

Corn Pudding

1 can creamed corn
1 can whole kernel corn
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 pint half-n-half
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 Tablespoon flour
1 Tablespoon cornmeal
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/8 cup butter or margarine, melted
salt and pepper to taste

Combine creamed corn, whole kernel corn, eggs, half-n-half, cream, flour, cornmeal, sugar, butter/margarine, and salt and pepper in a greased casserole dish. Bake at 325 degrees for one hour or until set.

No comments: