Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Trip 2

One of the next things we did was visit the Crater of Diamonds state park in Arkansas. The last time we went a few years ago, it was so muddy that everyone ended up barefoot with their pants legs rolled up. So I wanted to be prepared this time. I wore flip flops and the Dude just wore his water shoes.

Well the sun had been working on that stuff this time and it was rock hard. My feet were hurting by the end of the day (not that it stopped me from walking around out there). But that was okay. We all had fun.

We even took Rocky with us this time. He was a little dismayed to see this though:

He persevered though. I think he was pretty hot at first. Once he cooled down some in the shade, he seemed to be having fun.

Then the boys visited the water park that is attached to the visitor center:

And, of course, there were rides down the big slide too:

Along the way, I also met a friend from way back. When Hubby and I were still dating but nearly married, he helped me teach the 1st and 2nd grade Sunday school. One of my students was there from that time. She was married to one of the rangers in fact and getting ready to have her third child.

Can you say "OLD?" Cause that's how I felt. Oh yeah.

No comments: