Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Have an Addiction

I realized yesterday that I have an addiction. It's a new thing but it's strong. All of you know and love me, so I feel comfortable enough here to confess it to you. You see, I have become...

well...

a chocolate milk junkie. My name is Born Blonde and I am a chocolate milk junkie.

There. It's such a relief to confess.

I must say this. I was led into sin by the temptation of coupons and sales. Yes. It's true. It started with Shamrock Farms Rockin' Refuel. They are these single serve flavored milks. They like to put out coupons for 50 cents off one.

My local Bi-Lo likes to put them on sale for $1. But they also double coupons (up to 60 cents) which means they make that 50 cent coupon into a $1 off coupon. Well. That's free! You can't NOT get it if its free. Right? Right? (I'm looking for affirmation here people.)

But I have two kids and I'd usually only have one coupon. I guess I could have bought a second but that kind of killed the high of getting it for free. So I just figured when I could get this deal that the chocolate milk was mine. I got this deal a lot. As soon as one would expire, they would have another one. And sure enough, Bi-Lo would put them on sale the next week.

Well, they were kind of like marijuana I guess. You know it's supposed to be a starter drug that leads you to worse things. One day, I was walking along in the grocery store and there was a store brand single serve chocolate milk marked down to like 29 cents. I put my finger on my chin and thought "hmm, I'm thirsty." It was gone by the time I got out of the parking lot. Just yesterday, I got a Horizon single serve chocolate milk for 19 cents after my coupon. It made it out of the parking lot...

but not home.

And now, I'm starting to crave chocolate milk. I suppose its better than soda but I don't like having cravings for it. So I guess I'll have to go cold turkey.

Well, at least until the next sale.

No comments: