Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 3


Today we flew from Beijing to Zhengzhou. I was a little nervous about the thought of flying on a domestic Chinese flight but as it turned out, it wasn't bad at all. It was probably nicer than some of the US flights to be honest.

We arrived to greetings by a new agency rep, Yisha, and her assistant, Rita. We got some more specific information about how to care for each of our children. Emily's update was something we have read over several times already. We also had to go to the bank and exchange the orphanage adoption fee into RMB. The picture is of 32000 RMB (appx. $5000) that will go to the orphanage tomorrow when we receive her. I will be really glad to get rid of it. I have been very uncomfortable carrying $5000 cash on my belly in the money pouch I have.

After we had it all together and ready for tomorrow, we went on our first all-on-our-own restaurant trip. The server had fun trying to figure out what we wanted and help us. She only spoke a little English but with some pointing at pictures we figured it out. The food was amazing! So so good! I had something with strips of steak and peppers and onions and some other things that also came with soup, rice, and a side of some green vegetable that I couldn't identify. It only cost about $5 too. There was so much I couldn't eat it all. Hubby's was a lot the same way. So we felt pretty successful with our little outing.

Tomorrow we will get Emily. Everyone is so excited that our babies will be here tomorrow. I douby anyone will sleep much tonight. We will probably have to visit the Wal-Mart (apparently it just opened a few years ago) down the road to get a few things once we know her size. Plus, we apparently will need some diapers as they haven't completed her potty training.

That's fine with me though. I had my first encounter with what Americans affectionately call a "squatty potty" yesterday at the wall and have come across a few more. They are essentially a porcelain hole in the floor and I will leave it at that. Feel free to google it. Thankfully, there were also American toilets available. I've learned to walk to the end of the stalls for them. If she were potty trained, she would be using a squatty potty and we would essentially have to re-train her anyway to ours so I guess there's always a silver lining, right?

No comments: