Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday's Menu

Happy President's Day!!!

Hope you're enjoying a day off (like Hubby and the kids). If not, hope you're having a good day anyway.

I don't have a recipe for you yet but I am trying one out today -- this one.

We discovered a little meat market down the corner from us recently. I went in and found several things. Among them was some reduced spare ribs (99 cents a pound) and they are cooking away in the crock pot right now.

If the smell is any indication, they are going to be wonderful. I didn't use beer as called for in the recipe though (mainly because I don't have any). I have heard that beer can be really good though as a marinade for meats. Any alcohol should cook right out so flavoring should be what's left. I have yet to try it since I don't ever buy it and I haven't a clue as to what to get.

But several others didn't have it either and commented that they had used various other liquids so I think it's alright. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Happy National Holiday.

No comments: