Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Very Long Weekend

It's been a tumultuous weekend! It was rather nice to just veg out yesterday.

On Friday, I mentioned that the Rugrat was going in to get shots. Well, she got them. Six in all. When I stood her on the scale to weigh, she started crying and from that point on the nurse was very cautious with her. She knew that she couldn't really understand

When she came in to do the shots, she brought another nurse with her. She explained that they were each going to take a leg while I laid across her chest face to face with her. And then they were going to go together and as fast as they could. At first, she was just a little curious and a tiny bit scared but then the needles hit. She scrunched her face up and wailed. I guess the other reason they wanted me up there was so it was MY eardrum that could be blown out.

I'm pretty sure everyone in the room was crying by the time it was over. I've never seen two nurses look quite that guilty. The Rugrat was soon consoled with the addition of a Disney Princess bandaid (that matched the four on her legs), two stickers (one of which was scratch and sniff), and a lollipop.

The vaccinations didn't really hit her until about naptime. She began to have a low grade fever and spent the rest of the evening miserable. After dinner, she pretty much laid on my chest alternating between dozing and whimpering. The fever was gone by Saturday but she still just didn't feel good the rest of the day. Right before bedtime, she perked up and began acting like herself. I had already told Hubby she might need to skip Sunday School if she was still acting like that and he agreed. But the next morning, she jumped out of bed singing "Good Morning Sunshine!"

As for our house, it officially closed yesterday. Things did not fall into place on Friday. I am so far beyond unimpressed with the firm and the realtor that our buyers used. Were we still in the area, I would probably not conduct any business with them again.

The firm didn't make an effort to notify our agent until shortly before closing and so she wasn't there, something that neither of us had intended and she was pretty put out about. The realtor, on the other hand, has been doing some stuff that makes me think he is probably not terribly ethical. Whether he is or not remains to be seen, but I wouldn't want to be represented by someone who did the kind of things that cause a question about his reputation either.

I am trying very hard to chalk it up to inexperience -- which our VERY experienced agent (closing in on three decades in her field) identified immediately and thankfully knew exactly how to advise us. She also had no problem with going over everything on the phone in the middle of the closing to make sure it was right. She has impressed us twice now in a big way and if anyone there asks, I would gladly give her a reference.

Truly, I feel like she went so far above and beyond on this one. She was the one who saw to any repairs for us as well as getting termite treatment and such done for us. She was the one who made the trip to let servicemen in and out, etc. I feel so blessed to have had her help.

In the middle of our long weekend, the Chick got invited to 'hang out' with the teens from a little congregation we've visited and seemed to enjoy herself immensely. The Dude, with some quick sewing on my part, now has his Scout shirt updated with a new council patch and troop number. And I actually slept through the four a.m. wakeup I've been dealing with lately. Hubby seems to be enjoying his work and settling in as well. I think life may be, dare I say it?, getting close to normal again.

No comments: