Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Eggs to Dye For

On Friday last week, we decided to do some Easter egg dying. The Rugrat has never, I would guess, participated in any such thing so she was quite interested in this strange thing we were doing. The Chick had already asked if we would do any dying so she was happy to get going on it. Dude, however, was not interested. I think he's at that annoying age where he thinks he's too big for anything so undignified. Oh, well.


Let me step back just a moment and say that although we like dying the eggs, none of us like eating the eggs. Hubby usually ends up with a plate full of deviled eggs each Easter. Because he can only stand so many before he's done until next year, I usually only make about 6 eggs for us to dye. In hopes that the Rugrat will be another deviled egg eater and since there were now 3 children, I made 9 this time. I guess we'll see how it goes. I do know that she likes hard boiled eggs (from the salad bar at the pizza buffet) so I may save a few from deviling for her, just in case.

The Rugrat doesn't quite have dying patience yet. She kept asking me to lift them up so she could see them. I guess next year we'll be able to explain that they have to stay in to get a good color.
She was also very excited about the box and the various keep-em-busy activities that are included. Not because she was being kept busy by the activities but because she was entranced by the bright colors and patterns.

She seemed to think it was perfectly clever of me to make circles out of the little cardboard egg holders that came with it. And she was amazed when I popped circles out of the back of the box.

It was really quite entertaining to see her reaction to everything - one nice thing about having a toddler rather than a baby who is experiencing everything for the first time. I'm excited already about the next holiday when we'll get to introduce her to more of our little traditions.

No comments: