Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, January 31, 2008

What a Show!

Well, I haven't posted lately because I've been hoping to be able to say that more referrals came. But as yet I do not know that they have. I have sneaking suspicions but nothing more than that. So I thought that I would say hello to everyone and perhaps they would finally show up tomorrow.

On another note, I am very peacock proud of myself today. At Christmas, I made a dvd with a slide show of photos from the past year. Mind you, this was not an easy task but not because of the technical side of it. I am at my core pretty cheap when it comes to paying for something I can't sit on or eat. Software fits into that category. So I had searched the web far and wide for some freeware or a trial of a program that I could use to do this. Now don't get me wrong, if it was a good program for a reasonable price, I probably would have bought it to use more. The problem is that good programs (and even bad ones) are seldom reasonably priced -- at least in my opinion. And finding one that will also burn a dvd is almost impossible. It was while trying one offered by my internet provider (and consequently getting frustrated because it only allowed you to have 30 photos max unless you updated - read 'paid') that I found something called photoshow that had been put onto our computer by Windows, I believe. A full, whole program. Woooo! I realized that I could use it to make the video/slide show, get all the bells and whistles, and then save it to the computer. It was then just a matter of opening Roxio (don't even get me started on them) to burn the dvd. So it cost me nothing and I got exactly what I wanted. Now wasn't that clever of me.

The reason I'm proud of myself is because, after realizing how neat that was and well received, I decided to do the same with our 2006 photos. And now I have. Now I plan to start one for this year that I can just add to. So if you look at the 'adult' (defined as not children's, nothing more) video collection in our cabinet, you will now find two dvd holders with our last name and a year. Better check the sky. Are there any flying pigs?

No comments: