Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Monday Meal Messup

Oops. I didn't get to post my recipe yesterday. Sorry about that. It was a little crazy. I felt very... needed. Here are the facts, just the facts.

Got up with the alarm at 7:00 (ewwww!). Got everyone going, eating, provided with a lunch, dressed and generally acceptable looking to the outside world.

7:50 - We're out the door as I argue about whether to leave Rocky out or not.
8:00 - we're at the school walking in as someone (she knows who she is) realizes she's forgotten her lunch.
8:01 - I break all kinds of laws and safety rules going back home to retrieve said lunch.
8:04 - I just about slam into hubby as he is pulling out of the driveway, then tear out of the car and throw myself into the house.
8:18ish - I run into the school, drop off the lunch with lovely Mrs. Hogue (who will then hold for Miss Forgetful)
8:20 - Mad dash back to car and try not to kill anyone on my way to the church building where I will work for the secretary until 1:00.

See, you thought that was the end. But no, there's more (big booming tv salesman voice). You see after that, my husband surprised me at Chik-Fil-A. Another aside -- I'm turning into Herman Melville -- their coupon book/calendar is adorable and I love knowing I'll get a coupon every month. Which by the way is what I was using for my lunch. We got home in time to get some petrol and go pick the kids up at school. Straight to the grocery store for some frozen dinners as....

I left to work at Blockbuster at 4:40 until 11:30 that night. And, just so you know, there was something going on. Monday nights are supposed to be slow. Which is why we only had the manager on duty and myself. Which is why when the crazy people of Summerville showed up in droves we were going nuts. Which is why when I said I was ready to take my dinner break at 7:00 and he decided to get something from the same place, I still didn't get to call it in until 8:00 or go get it until after that. I bet in those few hours, I burned off every calorie I took in yesterday and possibly a few more.

Today I also worked for the secretary. And God was being very nice to me because I could probably count on my fingers the people I saw and/or spoke to. Since I was somewhat exhausted, that was a very good thing. Isn't He awesome!

The rest of the week will thankfully be somewhat dull so I promise to do my best with getting my recipe for you next Monday. But I think I might need a few chocolate chip cookies before this day is through. That recipe you can find on the back of the bag. :)

No comments: