Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, February 4, 2008

Monday Meal

So I went to the Superbowl party last night. And I had all the 'good' snacks. There were wings, the little bagel pizzas, cocktail wienies, chips, spinach dip, tacos, etc. But there was something I was craving by the end. There wasn't any chocolate. Well, actually someone brought something in, but there wasn't much of it and there were more children running around in the back room than adults so I abstained. Still, if I hadn't been so full when we got home, this born and bred southern woman would have been running for the half Snicker bar I still have hidden in the kitchen. So, I thought I'd share my favorite brownie recipe for anyone else who is having chocolate fits today. I'll probably be making some myself a little later. My recipe is modified because I don't keep baking chocolate on hand but if you do, you can get the original recipe here. These usually get very dry in about two days so feel free to half or third or quarter it. Also, the chocolate chips aren't required. Actually neither are the walnuts but honestly I can't see any reason for not having walnuts in brownies unless you're allergic or something awful like that. Anyhow, enjoy!

Double Chocolate Walnut Brownies

1 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup shortening or oil
2 cups white sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl, melt the butter in the microwave (or do it in a saucepan and remove from heat once melted). Whisk in cocoa and oil. Preheat oven to 350. Blend in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and flour. Stir in 1 cup of walnuts. Spread batter into greased 13x9 pan. Mix together chocolate chips and remaining walnuts. Sprinkle across top of batter and press lightly. Bake for about 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely. Cut into bars and store in airtight container.

No comments: