Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

Thankfully, after standing in the cold and rain for 4 1/2 hours waiting to vote yesterday, I only have a scratchy throat. One of the local candidates was there shaking hands and introducing herself. When she shook mine, they were so cold, that she remarked that I might end up with pneumonia. I have never had to wait that long. One of the bonuses of being a stay-at-home mom was always that I got to choose to go mid-morning so that it was a 30 minute process at the maximum. And usually less. But I did my duty to God and my country. I stayed put.

And my children called frequently to check on me. Now they know how important it is to be involved in the political process. They were quite aware that I was cold and uncomfortable. They knew exactly how long it took. And they know their dad did the same thing because it was important. I hope that memory will stick with them no matter what else may come of this election.

Tomorrow is I Have to Say's recipe box swap Thursday and the theme is "Anything Goes" so I am trying to decide what type of recipe I should post.

Yep. It's another mid week recipe. Wow! A giveaway and two recipes in one week! We're losing it around here!

So what kind of bonus recipe would you like to see? Let me know.

No comments: