Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Modern Workhorse

My boss has been working me like crazy lately. She keeps wanting me to work another day here or there. I'm not sure if I understand this exactly.

There are others who work more frequently and therefore are more current on promotions and such that are going on. Sometimes when I go in, I feel so incompetent for the first part of my shift because I have to reacquaint myself with everything. I wonder then why it is that they keep asking me to work more rather than someone else who may be better (and may need the hours more too).

I'd like to think its my stunning personality and work ethic. But I know that isn't it. I don't think there's anyone on staff who is completely disagreeable.

Well, maybe one.

There are a few who don't work very consistently but I have lazy days too so I don't think that's it either.

So now I'm thinking that maybe God is doing it. I want to believe that the adoption is closer than I realize.

I want to believe that He is preparing us for the costs of the trip.

I want to believe that He is giving me triple the hours I had been getting in an economy where people are losing hours and jobs left and right because those hours will soon be paying for a couple of airline tickets.

I hope that's it.

It wouldn't be the first time He's been a little sly with us like that. I actually think He gets a kick out of doing things like that. Which is pretty cool.

I like God.

I like Him a lot.

Even if that isn't it.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I love the new blog look, so chick and hip. Maybe you are right and we will be heading to China sooner rather than later.

Born Blonde said...

Thanks. I was playing around with the background a little.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Otherwise, I'm just working three times as much for nothing. My bonbons and tv are lonely.