Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, January 28, 2010

See The New Verse I Added Up There

In one of the Bible studies I'm currently doing, I ran across a new verse to add to the top there. It was a comment made to Mary after she willingly accepted the task of giving birth to our Lord. It can be found in Luke 1:45. It says:

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!

It really resonated with me because I have been having a lot of doubts about the adoption of late. Hubby and I both have wondered more than once if we misunderstood God's leading regarding it.

I feel like it was a journey He wanted us to take even if it didn't end with a child in our arms. And I'm okay with that. But even though I have asked God to make it abundantly clear to us if we misunderstood, He has instead seemed to confirm that we are where He wants us to be.

So now I find myself even more frustrated that He won't just hurry it up or end it. I guess all that patience I thought I had learned from this isn't quite as extensive as I thought.

Then I hit this verse. Whoops. I've been having a hard time believing that what He said to me would be accomplished. And now I'm a little ashamed.

If you hear me doubting, I hope you'll remind me of my newly found verse. I don't know why He's chosen to take so long in this particular blessing but surely that just means it will all the more worth it.

No comments: