Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pretty PJs

One of the things I've been worried about when we get to China is pajamas for Emily. If the other trips and 'gotcha' days I've read about are any indication, she'll be dressed for winter in several layers but that's pretty much it. I don't think they send any clothing other than what she's wearing with you. And I'm not complaining. I'd much rather they keep what they have for other orphans, but it would be nice to know her sizes before we get there so we could be prepared.

It would be my preference (and I think its actually suggested) to pretty much sequester ourselves in the hotel room for that first night. In order to do that we need to have at least clothing to last until the next day and one of those things would be sleepwear. With a baby, a onesie and a couple of blankets would have worked but with a toddler, I really would like to have pjs.

So, I came across this Butterick pattern 4647. I found some cute pink flannel with butterflies on it and voila...

You can't really tell much from the pictures but these are really cute. At least, I think they are. I wish I had gotten more of the fabric to make a matching nightgown but that might be a little redundant. I guess I'll have to find more cute flannel.

My favorite detail on these is the little eyelet ruffle on the chest.

I wish the pictures were clearer so you could see how cute they are. They should keep her nice and warm though until we come home. And paired with a footed one piece pajama I found at the thrift store, she should be ready for her first few nights as part of a family.

1 comment:

Nancy T. said...

Great job! I have been sewing alot lately too. I have had alot of purse orders.