Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Moving

I think most everyone already knows that reads here (except maybe my adoption friends) but I thought I'd make it official. Hubby has accepted a position in Oklahoma City, OK. We will be moving there once we have Emily home. He has to go ahead, probably this weekend, but will be returning a couple of times before the big move.

Other than the combined total of about 3 years of our marriage when we've lived in Little Rock, this will be the closest we've lived to our families (even when we were in Texas). So I am pretty excited to cut ten hours off of our drive to visit them.

But leaving THIS family is going to be hard because this is also the only place we've stayed this long. Our military station in Georgia lasted 3 1/2 years and it was where we had lived the longest before South Carolina. We've been here 11 years now. The Dude had just turned 1 two months before we got here. He doesn't even remember the rental house we had for 3 years before buying this one so this will be totally different for him. My daughter only vaguely remembers it so this will be quite a change for her as well.

Thankfully, my brother-in-law does live there in a suburb of Oklahoma City as well as several friends that we met while here so the faces won't be totally unfamiliar. However, I have never been more grateful to have the technology we have. We'll be able to stay in touch and I am appreciative of that.

Please keep our family in your prayers. We find ourselves in a whirlwind of not one, but two pretty wild life changes in a short amount of time. And we're going to need them as we adjust.

3 comments:

Nancy Tucker said...

gracuppaDo you have to move? Really? I can take a joke!!

Nancy Tucker said...

Sorry about the word before do. lol I hit the wrong button. lol lol

Born Blonde said...

I thought you were turning Aussie on me. They grab a cuppa all the time (of tea). Hee hee