Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday's Menu

I have been wanting to try a little experiment for a while now and I decided to give it a go for our Lifegroup on Sunday night.

One of our favorite (but more expensive) cookie recipes is the White Chocolate Macadamia one found here. I thought I had shared it once before on the blog but I guess not since I couldn't seem to find it. However, I have been wanting to try it with pecans and had yet to do so. Well, they were quite yummy. And the majority of my Lifegroup seemed to agree. I even had a request or two for the recipe.

One of the ladies said they reminded her of one that a local grocery store sells which she loves. The difference was that instead of white chocolate, theirs have coconut. Honestly, I don't see why you couldn't substitute coconut if you wanted to try it. I changed out the nuts after all. And the basic consistency of the dough should remain the same since you add the nuts and chips at the end. So I imagine you could substitute pretty much anything that was fairly dry in nature with a decent result.

I know these turned out pretty darn well.


White Chocolate Pecan Cookies


1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups pecans chopped

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, stir in the white chocolate and nuts. Drop cookies by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. When cool, store in an airtight container.

No comments: