Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Painting the Town

On Saturday night, Hubby and the Chick attended the Father Daughter dance at our little community center. You can tell they weren't quite keen on my taking a picture. Oh well, 12 hours of labor gives you certain rights. :)

Apparently, our little town puts on quite the shindig. Hubby said there were men in button up shirts, suits, and even tuxedos. Apparently, some daughters even got prom-type dresses. As they were leaving, a limo pulled in to pick up its charges. No one felt out of place though no matter how they dressed which I thought was pretty cool. I'm really liking our little town.

I am told there was actual dancing done by my husband and daughter -- everything from the foxtrot (they think) to some cupid shuffling. Even the YMCA apparently made an appearance. Lots of yummies too. They came back laughing and in general good spirits. And I told Hubby he was cool!

Once the kids were out of earshot.

Actually he put in a pretty full day because, before the dance that evening, he had signed the Dude up for a merit badge fair and got up early to run him there that morning. Only to return that afternoon to collect him.

Yeah, Hubby is pretty cool!

But don't tell my kids.

Aahhh. They wouldn't believe you anyway.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! I'm glad you guys are settling in and enjoying your new location. We miss you terribly, though! I'm having a baby shower brunch in April, and who is going to be my culinary back-up??? :)