Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday's Menu

On the menu last week, I wanted to make chicken fajitas. Normally, I just put together the spice mix and sprinkle it on as I'm cooking them. They are quite good that way and nobody complains.

But I wanted to try marinating my chicken strips for something different. I thought that they might turn out a little more tender too but I was looking mostly to get a little more flavorful fajita meat. So I tried this marinade.

Well, this is not the one to make fajitas with. It is, however, really good. I think these would have been wonderful on the grill or baked. They were pretty darn good just stir fried in a skillet with a little oil. I also think they might make a good foundation for Chinese food. As in, mixed with some other things or with a couple of extra spices in the marinade.

Anyhow, I share it. Let me know how you use it and I'll do the same. Enjoy!

Marinade (Beef or Chicken)

1/4 cup soy sauce
3 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons white vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
3/4 cup olive or vegetable oil (I used half of each)
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon black pepper

In large bowl with tight fitting lid, mix together ingredients. Whisk well to combine. Place meat in marinade and turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours (I always think it's best to marinate as much as overnight when possible to get the best flavor) before cooking meat.

No comments: