Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday's Menu

On the menu last week, I wanted to make chicken fajitas. Normally, I just put together the spice mix and sprinkle it on as I'm cooking them. They are quite good that way and nobody complains.

But I wanted to try marinating my chicken strips for something different. I thought that they might turn out a little more tender too but I was looking mostly to get a little more flavorful fajita meat. So I tried this marinade.

Well, this is not the one to make fajitas with. It is, however, really good. I think these would have been wonderful on the grill or baked. They were pretty darn good just stir fried in a skillet with a little oil. I also think they might make a good foundation for Chinese food. As in, mixed with some other things or with a couple of extra spices in the marinade.

Anyhow, I share it. Let me know how you use it and I'll do the same. Enjoy!

Marinade (Beef or Chicken)

1/4 cup soy sauce
3 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons white vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
3/4 cup olive or vegetable oil (I used half of each)
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon black pepper

In large bowl with tight fitting lid, mix together ingredients. Whisk well to combine. Place meat in marinade and turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours (I always think it's best to marinate as much as overnight when possible to get the best flavor) before cooking meat.

No comments: