Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, July 14, 2022

More Little Babies in the Works

 On Tuesday morning, I went out to the garden to check on things again and found this on my watermelon plant.


That is a female flower with a sweet little baby watermelon cookin.' 

Later that evening, I stood visiting with Chick while she cleaned up some weeds around the pumpkin plants before I started the sprinkler to water the garden. Hubby came out as she finished up and headed inside. I showed him how to tell which was which.

Lo and behold, between the two of us, we found at least 5 more growing. 5!!

I don't honestly know if I like watermelon THAT much but no matter. Let those babies grow away!

After doing some weeding Wednesday morning, I went inside to cool down for a while. When I went back out, I had a little paintbrush in hand. I tried to make sure each of them would make a watermelon by hand pollinating them.

Afterwards, I went over to the cucumber figuring I'd do a little better job with the paintbrush than I had with my hands when I found it the other day but didn't have time to go find a new paintbrush. 

Well, there's quite a few cucumber females on there too. I had only found one the other day. So I did my best to hand pollinate them as well.

So, now, in addition to visions of corn and pickles in my future, I also foresee watermelon. Maybe my tomatoes will kick in to gear and I can add spaghetti sauce to that. Hey, hey!


No comments: