Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Funny Sunday School

We recently switched times for our worship services. We had two services and, even though we are still growing, the elders felt that we were missing something as family by not getting to worship as a group so they changed to one service. To accommodate the early service attendants, they moved the time to a half hour earlier. It hasn't been too difficult to change to the new time but some people are still having a hard time getting there on time.

On Sunday, there were several of my 1st and 2nd grade students whose families were running behind and we only had two students when it was time for class to begin. Several more came in later but one of the more...um...creative young men was among the two.

He asked me what I would do if there was only one student. And then, if there were no students. I told him I would probably go to the auditorium and listen to Mr. David. But he had another idea of what I might do with all that free time.

He: You might just tear down that tv and take it apart and mess up the room. (that was an approximate quotation)

Me: Well, why would I do that?

He: I don't know.

We laughed a bit about that. But then he came up with another idea.

He: You could have your own tv show.

Leaning forward with a big wide grin, he said: When Girls Attack!

Ok. Do I seem like the destructive type? I guess I've been found out. I absolutely spend all my free time destroying innocent decor.

I laughingly told his parents about it later. His mom said I totally struck her that way.

No comments: