Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, September 10, 2010

Miscellaneous -- ness

I've been seeing a lot of great camping ideas lately. And it's finally starting to get just a smidge cooler so I'm looking forward to getting to go camping again.

Lowes Hardware stores send out this neat little magazine for free called Creative Ideas (to get it for yourself, click subscribe at the top of the site) and this last one had tailgating ideas.

I'm thinking these portable and easy to breakdown trash bag holders are the stuff. I'm thinking that even our scout troop could benefit from having a few of them on hand. Hubby has been teasing me wondering how long I could wait before I bought the pipes to make one.

They also had a project to make a portable, fold-up table for playing table tennis. I'm thinking that would make a nice handy camp table too and I wouldn't have to paint it.

I also plan to try grilling pizzas again but this time I'll cook the crust almost completely before packing it up to go.

I used to think of camping as a summer activity but I think now that I've gotten older and used to the AC, it is more of a fall activity for me. And that's fine. Fall is my favorite time of year. It would be the perfect time of year for me to do anything out of doors. It's really too bad everyone else seems to think of it as the time to retreat indoors.

No comments: