Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Starting off the New Year Right!

So guess what I'm going to do with this box I built:


I think I'll put it here:





Would you like to know why?

All of these:

are going to go here:

No more pulling out 3 different bins and then feeling around in the back of the cabinet to find the six that somehow popped out and fell behind them.

No more yelling at whatever kid is putting away dishes that week to find out which one they put it in.

I love, love, love this idea.

And what I love more about it is that I did it myself. I built it! Yes, I did. I do wish I had centered it more in the cabinet but experience is what will help me do the next one perfectly.

And I plan to sand and finish it too. But I wanted to share first.

Last week, I found this awesome (AWESOME) site with free plans to build just about anything. The author is a stay-at-home mom who got sick of not having nice furniture and things because it cost thousands of dollars for the good quality, real wood stuff. And she didn't know anything about working with wood.

I already have a whole list of things I want to try.

Which is not to say that I will but that I want to. And every time I look at this project, it makes me happy.

So who knows.

You can find her site here and this project is here.


No comments: